Get a Free Consultation
Why Canadians Choose Us
Alan has been very helpful in the organization and administration of various insurances, RRSP and investment accounts with personalized attention to my goals and life events. I always appreciate his reliability, responsiveness and efficiency. I have and would recommend him to any family and friends looking for a personal financial advisor.
– Tracy C., Coquitlam –
Annuities and Guaranteed Investment Funds
An annuity is an instrument that allows you convert your lump sum investment into a series of payments. This is useful for budgeting purposes as you know that there will be a next payment coming once the current is spent.
A Guaranteed Investment Fund or Segregated Fund is similar to a mutual fund in that it offers stock-market based returns, however, there are additional advantages including:
- A death benefit guarantee
- A principle guarantee on maturity
- Ability to designate a beneficiary and bypass probate
Types of Annuities and Guaranteed Investment Funds
- Term Certain Annuities – Allows you to convert a lump sum to a fixed series of cash payments
- Life Annuities – Allows you to convert a lump sum to a series of cash payments that are guaranteed to last for your entire lifetime (and optionally your spouse’s).
- Guaranteed Investment Funds – There are many permutations here that can be customized to your situation.